Proposed Amendments to the Draft Wicklow County Development Plan 2022 - 2028
We welcome your submissions
Following consideration of the Draft plan and the second Chief Executive’s Report on submissions received, the Elected Members resolved to amend the Draft County Development Plan at the Council meetings of 28 and 29 March 2022.
The proposed amendments to the draft plan are set out in the Table of Contents opposite. They include a list of proposed changes to the text of the Draft County Development Plan written statement, plans, appendices and accompanying maps. The proposed amendments are set out in the order in which they would appear in the draft plan.
Amendments to the text are shown through the red type to indicate new text and
blue strikethrough to indicate deleted text.
AMENDMENT V1 - 3
Section 3.0 Introduction
The purpose of the Core Strategy is provide relevant information to show that the development plan provisions, in particular its population, housing, retail and transport
and climate action strategies are consistent, as far as practicable, with national and regional development objectives set out in the National Planning Framework and Regional Spatial and Economic Strategy and with Specific Planning Policy Requirements specified in guidelines under sub-section (1) of Section 28 of the Planning Act.
The proposed amendments are accompanied by an Addendum to the SEA Environmental Report, an Addendum to the Appropriate Assessment - Natura Impact Report and an Addendum to the Strategic Flood Risk Assessment.
Display of Proposed Amendments
The Proposed Amendments and associated Addenda will be available to view and download from the Council’s website here (consult.wicklow.ie) from Wednesday 27th April 2022 to Wednesday 25th May 2022 inclusive.
Printed copies will be on display at the following locations from Wednesday 27th May 2022 to Wednesday 25th May 2022 inclusive.
|Wicklow Town||Wicklow County Council, County Buildings, Station Road, Wicklow Town|
Arklow Municipal District Office, Castle Park, Arklow Town
Blessington Civic Offices, Blessington Business Park, Blessington
Bray Municipal District Office, Civic Offices, Main Street, Bray
|Greystones||Greystones Municipal District Office, Mill Road, Greystones|
Hard copies of the Proposed Amendments document will be available to purchase only on request (please call 0404 20100).
Your views and suggestions
We are inviting the public and interested bodies to consider the proposed amendments and to make a submission on any proposed amendment.
Written observations or submissions must be received between 27 April 2022 and 25 May 2022 (5pm) and they must specifically be in relation to the proposed amendments and/or the Addendum Reports. All valid submissions will be taken into consideration before the making of any amendment.
The closing date for submissions is: 5pm Wednesday 25th May 2022
How to make a submission
Submissions may be made in one of the following ways:
Via this public consultation portal using the 'Make a Submission' link, or
In writing, marked Wicklow County Development Plan to the following address:
County Development Plan Review, Planning Department, Wicklow County Council, Station Road, Wicklow Town
All submissions should include
- the proposed amendment number(s) that is /are the subject of the submission;
- the name and a contact address of the submitter, and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., represented.
Email submissions will not be accepted.
You are strongly advised to make your submission as early as possible. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Guidelines for making submissions
- All submissions are to be clearly marked with ‘WICKLOW COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN’ and the Proposed Amendment Number.
- All submissions should include your name and a contact address, a map (where appropriate) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
- Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. via the portal or hard copy.
- All submissions will form a part of the statutory Chief Executive’s report to be presented to the elected members of Wicklow County Council.
- Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning Act. You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement. Please be advised that the name of the person(s)/group(s) who made the submission will be published, but personal data will be redacted.